Online Advertising

April 19, 2006

Who wants to live forever?

The past week has been an eye opener for me. Meeting new people, school orientation and most importantly spending time with my family. Yes that's right, the good old trustworthy family. Blood is thicker than water, for those of you who don't already know that, you're dumb and one day you will realise how foolish you are. My cousin came down from canada with his newly married-to-wife. I for one have been particularly fussy and protective when it comes to mates for any family members. But she was a breath of fresh air. She was fun, witty, smart and did silly little things that entertained everyone. She was successful too! In a word she was genuine. She reminded me of someone, far, far away. Susan, you're wonderful to have around! Welcome to the family.

Speaking of genuine, after a while you begin to see people's true colours. It usually takes around 1-2 years when all the fake covers they put up begin to fade away. I'm sure many of you out there have experienced people like this. Fake people are everywhere. One example of their characteristics is materialism. Be warned this might cause some pain in your chest area, but you know, the truth hurts. Think about it, you ask someone "So are you materialistic?" Then they would say something like obviously not. Who the hell is gonna say "YES I AM MATERIALISTIC". Of course they're gonna say no. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. So to all those people out there who have said they're not, but actually are, GROW UP. Yes I'm talking about the people who say they're not materialistic and then spend lavishly on expensive branded stuff and hang out with rich people for their cars and money. Now there's nothing wrong with that or even wanting it. Just don't say you're not materialistic, it's sickening and distasteful. Just admit it. It casts a shadow of doubt over you and your honesty.

Moving on, coffee chats are my new interest. I knew they existed but I don't know why I never indulged myself. Stimulating intellectual chats over a cuppa, now that's good stuff. This is especially true when you converse with interesting people like Keli! Mind you, she's a smart, pretty, successful woman who's engaged. Now what the hell is she doing having coffee with me? Haha I dont know. But it sure is funny to hear about perspectives from an older woman. And especially since we both didnt make it through the SIA interviews (I got knocked out at Interview 2, and she at Interview 6), we had something similar in common to build upon. Haha. What was surprising too was her knowledge of 16th century renaissance english literature. I thought I could dumbfound her and keep her quiet for a while by telling her little excerpts that I liked since I did some research on my own in the past. Not only did she know them, but she even knew who the authors were. Now that's impressive, since she came from a business background. Thanks Keli! You have partially restored my faith in humanity.

Who wants to live forever? I do. Not to see who's coming on next on Oprah or who's banging who on ET but just simply to devour the vast ocean of knowledge out there, and that can never be accomplished in a few lifetimes. Book are wonderful. Knowledge is endless.

Orientation for school was not bad. For a private school it was good. Having heard many horror stories and even experiencing some myself from other private institutions, APMI seems to have the right balance. There seemed to be no weirdos, and that's crucial. There were pretty girls and ugly guys. Haha wtf? Anyway there's an interesting mix of journalists, art directors and advertising people. Not to mention some from SIA. Urgh. Best of all it's nice to be one of the youngest for a change, young people happening what right? In the beginning, there were nervous looks and stares and then we were forced to introduce ourselves. Now, if you know me, you'd know I'd do something funny. When it came to my turn, I made sure I knew what I had to say to make everyone laugh and to make everyone else's introduction pale in comparison. What a bastard. Well, I succeeded of course and people remember me! That's my style. I make you laugh, you remember me. Simple.

DBL O
Just you and me
Slow dancing to Mario
As carefree as can be.

Not so long ago
Our hearts pounded as one
I was your hero
Dont let it come undone.

P.S. Happy belated birthday darling daughter, I wish you eternal happiness and want to thank you for being a dear friend close to my heart too.

P.P.S. Barcelona killed AC Milan. Woo hoo.

P.P.P.S. Peeps scratches her bum and wriggles her nose when she sleeps sometimes.

1 comment:

davina said...

thank you my darling daddy dearest.
i'll let you know if im going back in june to smother you with kisses and hugs.
meanwhile just hang in there and just mail me/text me or holler for me three times and i'll sprinkle my dust on you.
love you daddy-O