Online Advertising

June 11, 2008

The horror of Singapore soccer

About a week ago, I went to watch my first Singapore international soccer match for a very very long time. Haven't been to one since the malaysia cup days (the so called glory days). I went to watch..... Singapore VS Uzbekistan.

For the vast majority who wouldn't bother about the triviality of Singapore soccer, we lost 3-7. Probably the most one sided game I have ever seen, including primary school matches and secondary school matches. To say Singapore was absymal would be a gross understatement.

I don't just watch the matches, I analyse them. All the players except a few attacking ones were shitty, like a 2/10 rating. But the most blame has to go onto the defenders, midfielders and the MANAGER. Singapore's coach decided that Singapore was good enough to attack uzbekistan, so you could see how many players were attacking, and most of them not tracking back. They were almost in anticipation of a failed Uzbek attack and waiting to counter attack in turn. It was like Tampines Rovers going all out attack against err Liverpool. Sure they might nick a goal or two (haha liverpool sucks), but everytime Uzbek attacked, they scored. Fast, clean and clinical.

This match was not only embarrassing but I reckon Singapore might have lost quite a few fans as well. I can bet that this wasn't based on the result entirely, but the lack of effort shown by the players. Simple elementary errors combined with laziness and lack of determination just proved to the world what a joke Singapore 2010 world cup ambitions are. If they let in 7 goals againsts Uzbekistan, what will the Brazils and Argentinas do to them? Concentrate on sailing, swimming and table tennis and limit the buying of 'PRs' to those sports I say.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there,

Thanks very much for your interesting blog. It's always nice to see how people on the other side of the globe live, how they share the same joys and sorrows, what they do in their free time, etc.

I actually have a question about your blog. Would you mind helping us with a linguistic research project? We're compiling data from various Singaporean weblogs. All it requires is checking a few boxes. If you want to take part and/or have more questions, I'll send you the 'official' project eMail. We'd really appreciate your help.

Thanks very much in advance!
Best regards,
- Fran

Anonymous said...

Good day !.
You may , probably curious to know how one can collect a huge starting capital .
There is no initial capital needed You may start to get income with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you haven`t ever dreamt of such a chance to become rich
AimTrust represents an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

Its head office is in Panama with offices everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
Do you want to become an affluent person?
That`s your choice That`s what you desire!

I`m happy and lucky, I started to take up income with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. If it gets down to choose a proper partner utilizes your money in a right way - that`s AimTrust!.
I make 2G daily, and what I started with was a funny sum of 500 bucks!
It`s easy to start , just click this link http://ivovicijo.digitalzones.com/selylox.html
and go! Let`s take this option together to become rich

Anonymous said...

Good day, sun shines!
There have been times of troubles when I felt unhappy missing knowledge about opportunities of getting high yields on investments. I was a dump and downright stupid person.
I have never thought that there weren't any need in big starting capital.
Now, I'm happy and lucky , I begin take up real money.
It's all about how to select a correct partner who utilizes your money in a right way - that is incorporate it in real business, and shares the profit with me.

You may ask, if there are such firms? I have to tell the truth, YES, there are. Please be informed of one of them:
http://theblogmoney.com

Anonymous said...

Good day, sun shines!
There have been times of hardship when I felt unhappy missing knowledge about opportunities of getting high yields on investments. I was a dump and downright stupid person.
I have never imagined that there weren't any need in big initial investment.
Now, I'm happy and lucky , I begin take up real money.
It gets down to choose a correct partner who utilizes your funds in a right way - that is incorporate it in real deals, parts and divides the profit with me.

You may get interested, if there are such firms? I have to tell the truth, YES, there are. Please be informed of one of them:
http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]

Anonymous said...

Hi!
You may probably be very interested to know how one can manage to receive high yields on investments.
There is no initial capital needed.
You may begin earning with a sum that usually goes
for daily food, that's 20-100 dollars.
I have been participating in one project for several years,
and I'll be glad to let you know my secrets at my blog.

Please visit blog and send me private message to get the info.

P.S. I make 1000-2000 per day now.

http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]